For Help with Complex RI or MA Workers Comp Claim Process, Call a Trusted Work Comp Lawyer
The process of applying for Workers Compensation benefits can vary, depending on the nature of your job injury, though it is always complicated and often confusing. In the case of severe injuries, such as construction accidents, you may be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and will have to begin the job injury claim process once you are stabilized. In less drastic cases, such as chronic repetitive stress injuries, it may be your own doctor who discovers that you have work-related pain.
No matter what type of work injury you have, as soon as you begin to feel pain, take these crucial steps in order to ensure that your Workmans Compensation claim case is as effective as possible:
- If you've suffered an accident at work, seek emergency medical attention immediately;
- Once you are stabilized, call us for compassionate, tenacious, reliable legal representation;
- Inform your company's owner, manager, supervisor or Human Resources Dept. of your job injury;
- Request Work Comp forms and ask if there is any other documentation paperwork required;
- Begin a job injury or illness journal, describing work-related pain and how it impacts every day life;
- Let us help ensure that your Work Comp claim application is accurate and complete;
- Turn it into your boss so he or she can file your claim with the Work Comp insurance company;
- Strictly follow all medical advice from doctors and stay home from work if directed to do so;
- Before returning to work, consult with us for advice about doing what's right for your case;
- Follow through on every aspect of your claim, so that we can fight hard for your rights!
Injured on the Job? Take Swift, Smart Action by Calling Us, So We Can Fight For Your Justice
As respected, diligent Workers Compensation attorneys for over 30 years, we will fight hard for your rights. If your initial Work Comp claim is denied, rest assured we will build a strong appeal case on your behalf as well, and do all we can to obtain the restitution you deserve.
Don't tackle the overwhelming Workers Comp process alone. Call the Law Offices of Deborah G. Kohl today at (508)677-4900 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. Every discussion is completely private and personalized, and you owe us nothing until we win your case. We help clients from Fall River and Foxboro to Providence, Newport and the entire southeastern Mass and Rhode Island region.