Going Back to Work After a Job Injury? A Tough Work Comp Lawyer Will Help Protect Your Rights
At The Law Offices of Deborah G. Kohl, our workers' compensation attorneys know what people going through when they are hurt in a workplace accident. After being injured at work and going through what may have been a long recovery process, returning to work can be very difficult, physically and emotionally. You may still be in a great deal of pain, taking pain-relief medication that makes you sleepy, moving more slowly and feeling exhausted overall. The potential problems you can have when going back to work after a job injury are numerous, and daunting:
- Broken bones from a work-related car accident may require a cast, crutches or a wheelchair;
- After carpal tunnel syndrome, you may find you can't lift anything heavy;
- If you suffered a catastrophic job accident, such as a traumatic brain injury after falling off scaffolding on a construction site, you may have cognitive problems and even permanent learning disabilities;
- Your boss may have had to add new, state-of-the-art equipment to your workstation to make it more ergonomically safe, causing resentment and jealousy among co-workers;
- You may have to leave during work hours for vocational rehabilitation and physical therapy treatments, causing further tension among co-workers;
- Your co-workers, manager or supervisor may question your injury and treat you dismissively.
Returning to Your Job While Recovering from a Workplace Injury Is Difficult-Count On Us to Help
No matter what your post-injury work situation, we can help-but we know it's hard. After you are back on the job, your boss may be giving you job duties that are too hard to handle after your work injury. You may still be healing from your job accident and, even if your doctor advised you not to do the work tasks that used to be your responsibility, your employer may be expecting you to fulfill the same job description you had before the injury. If your boss expects too much of you and you are unable to perform certain job duties, you may be passed up for promotions and/or not get a raise. That is unfair, may be illegal and could put you in danger of re-injury.
Going back to work may not only be difficult due to physical limitations but you may be the victim of discrimination by co-workers who mistreat you because of your compromised health condition. As compassionate Work Comp attorneys who know how hard it is to go back to work after an injury, we will fight for your rights in the workplace as well, doing all we can to ensure that you are treated respectfully and are not given work that is too physically demanding.
When workers are hurt on the job in Massachusetts or Rhode Island, our firm helps them get the workers' compensation benefits they deserve. Our attorneys fight to ensure that injured workers are properly diagnosed and get the treatment they need to recover as much as possible. We stand by you every step of the way.
If you were hurt on the job and your doctors gave you the green light to go back to work, you can rely on our workers' compensation attorneys to stand by you through your healing process, both on and off the job. Call the Law Offices of Deborah G. Kohl today at (508)677-4900 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. Every discussion is private and personalized and there is no obligation. Serving Providence, RI, Fall River, MA, Foxborough, Warren, Tiverton, Newport, New Bedford and Boston.