Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Attorneys Rhode Island & Massachusetts

Injured Longshoreman, Maritime Industry or Dock Worker? Let Us Prove Your Defense Base Act Claim!

Many workers have jobs working on U.S. military bases, or work for private companies under contract with the United States military. If injured on the job, they are also eligible for workers' compensation benefits. The workers' compensation attorneys at The Law Offices of Deborah G. Kohl can help.

If you have a longshoreman, dock or harbor job and got injured working for a private employer under contract with the U.S. government, you've come to the right place. You are most likely protected by the Defense Base Act (DBA) and we have over 35 years of experience handling DBA claim cases for injured longshoremen just like you. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the Division of Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation (DLHWC) Defense Base Act (DBA) provides Workers' Compensation benefits to civilian employees working under a contract with the U.S. government on national defense or public works projects outside U.S. military bases or overseas in U.S. Territories. However, you might be finding it very difficult to obtain the injured contractor compensation you deserve and may even have a denied DBA claim on your hands. We've been fighting for longshoremen and dock workers like you for over 35 years, and we will fight for your justice too!

We can help you file a claim for workers' compensation benefits with the Longshore District Office. Injured workers covered under the Defense Base Act are eligible for benefits that include disability, medical expenses and partial wages equal to two-thirds of their average weekly earnings.

Our skilled attorneys can also help you resolve disputes involving your claim. In some cases, these can be worked out by negotiating with your employer or the insurance company. But if a settlement can't be reached, we will fight for you at all hearings during the appeals process - all the way up to federal court, if needed.

Defense Base Act Claims Need a Tough Longshoremen Injury Attorney Fighting For Justice

If you are an overseas U.S. employee who was unfairly fired from you job, your boss may say you quit voluntarily or violated work regulations. This is very common and when you're out of the country, it can be doubly hard to protect your rights. If you were injured while working for the U.S. overseas and your Workers Compensation claim was rejected or if you were terminated from your U.S. government job but are being denied unemployment compensation, we can help. As seasoned State and Federal worker injury attorneys, we will represent you in a DBA Work Comp hearing or job termination court case, fighting for your rights and aggressively pursuing the benefits you deserve.

Call the Law Offices of Deborah G. Kohl today at (508)677-4900 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. Every discussion with our workers' compensation attorneys is private and personalized and you don't pay a nickel until we win your case for you. Serving Providence and communities throughout Rhode Island as well as all of southeastern Massachusetts, including Fall River, Newport, New Bedford Portsmouth, Warwick, Tiverton and Little Compton.


Fall River

191 Bedford St #301 Fall River, MA 02720
Phone: 508-677-4900


16 Chestnut St #130B Foxborough, MA 02035
Phone: 508-717-3596


127 Dorrance St #400A Providence, RI 02903
Phone: 401-307-4502

Click a location above to see the location on the map