Massachusetts and Rhode Island Workplace Burn Injury Victims Need a Tough Work Comp Attorney
At the Law Offices of Deborah G. Kohl people call us about on-the-job burn injuries all-too frequently, and know how catastrophic they can be for burn victims and their families. Burns can cause disfigurement, mobility problems, even death. Each year, more than 40,000 workplace burns occur in this country and over 25 percent of them take place in construction accidents. All burn injury victims should get emergency medical attention as quickly as possible, whether they've suffered-first-degree, second-degree or third-degree burns. There is also the emotional trauma of a major at-work burn injury. We have deep compassion for those who have suffered job-related burn injuries and we fight hard for them and their loved ones.
Workplace burns happen in all types of settings and all are eligible for Workers Compensation benefits:
- construction site electrical or building fires
- firefighter burned putting out blazes
- faulty wiring that caught fire
- toxic fumes inhalation causing airway/lung burn
- hot roofing tar or other scalding fluids spilled
- restaurant staff burned by boiling water or stove fires
- mechanics with skin burns from solvents, corrosives and caustic chemicals
- factory fires, warehouse fires, mill fires and refinery fires
- radiation exposure loss of sight injuries and skin burns
- hazardous chemical burns from alkaloids and acids
- plumbers with rust removers and drain cleaners
Job-Related Burns Can Be Life-Changing, Even Deadly-Let Us Work Hard For Your Justice
A worker burned on the job could have years of medical treatments ahead, particularly full thickness burns. Even more minor burns affecting only the outer layer of the skin, or epidermis, can later evolve into work-related skin cancer and infected burns can become extremely serious, requiring hospitalization. Call us today at (508)677-4900 or contact us online for a free case evaluation if you have suffered any work-related burn injuries. Every discussion is confidential and there is no obligation. Serving Providence, RI, Fall River, MA, Foxborough, Warren, Bristol, Tiverton, Little Compton, Newport, New Bedford and Boston.